Saturday, June 20, 2-6pm
9020 Amelung Street
The Urbana Music Festival and Bistro, returns for its seventh year, promising to provide another exciting and fun day filled with music, food, and entertainment for all ages. Mark your calendars for Saturday, June 20, from 2pm to 6 pm, and join us at Urbana Regional Library for this annual celebration of music, art, activities, and fun in the sun, including:
- Live music – see band descriptions below
- Bistro Area with award-winning food trucks and vendors Oohdatchicken, Feelin’ Crabby?, Pinzano’s Pizza, Rita's Italian Ice, and more!
- Entertainment for children of all ages, including pony rides, inflatables, petting zoo, and more
- Meet and greet with Frederick Keys' Keyote, Max the Bunny (of Max & Ruby), Clifford the Big Red Dog, and Sneaks the Cat
- Entertainment for teens and adults including karate and Zumba demonstrations
Bumper Jacksons 2:00-3:00 pm
Recognized as DC’s “Best Traditional Folk Band” at the 2013 Washington Area Music Awards, the Bumper Jacksons are ready to pounce onto the national scene. Bumper Jacksons are a big, fat party. Hot and sweet, their early jazz and country repertoire paints America's story from New Orleans' brothels to Appalachian hollers. Unafraid to scrap together new sounds from forgotten 78's, the Bumper Jacksons boldly and elegantly balance paying homage to the traditions while fashioning their own unique, DIY style.
Fast Eddie & The Slowpokes 4-5:30 pm
Fast Eddie & The Slowpokes are guaranteed to get you up on your feet! The Slowpokes playlist is inspired by classic blues material from Chicago to West Coast Swing, Motown to Muscle Shoals, and all the rock n’ roll in between. Fast Eddie & The Slowpokes have performed throughout the DC – Maryland- Virginia region, from Senate Caucus rooms to festivals to roadhouses. They have shared the stage with Victor Wainwright (2013 Pinetop Perkins Award Winner) and The Nighthawks. They won the 2012 DC Blues Society Battle of the Bands and represented the DC Blues Society at 2013 The International Blues Challenge in Memphis!
The Urbana Music Festival is generously underwritten by organizations including:
Community Association Services, Natelli Communities, Franklin Liquors, Friends of Urbana Library and others.