Friends of the Urbana Regional Library formed in 2006 to support and advocate for the newly constructed Urbana Regional Library. Since then, the Friends group raises money for special enhancements for the Urbana Regional Library, and works to foster an awareness and appreciation for library services and programs in the region.
Friends of the Urbana Regional Library is a volunteer organization committed to promoting, preserving, and strengthening the Urbana Regional Library.
Top 10 Reasons You Should Join Friends of the Urbana Regional Library
Your support is vital to the success of this wonderful community resource. Here are the top 10 reasons to join the Friends of the Urbana Regional Library:
- Meet other library and book lovers like you.
- Volunteer at the Big Book Sale in the spring and fall.
- Support early literacy through children’s programming.
- Underwrite special literary and educational events.
- Help the library buy more books and materials.
- Provide seasonal gardening and decorations.
- Respond quickly to special needs of the library and the community.
- Receive the Friends’ newsletter.
- Receive discounts on merchandise during Friends’ events.
- Enjoy the great feeling you get from helping your library.
First Year Incentives:
Private contributions and fundraising, managed by the Friends, enable your library to offer a higher quality of programs and services than would be otherwise possible. In its first five years of operation, the Urbana Regional Library Friends provided financial and other support for many initiatives, including:
- The fall & spring community book sale
- Programs for children of all ages
- Refurbishing and/or replacing material and equipment as needed
- Purchasing children’s educational games and materials
- Purchasing craft materials for storytime and children’s programming
- Gardening and seasonal decorations
Exciting Times Ahead!
Southern Frederick County is growing, and so is our library system! New faces and ideas are sprouting, and now is a fabulous time to consider joining the Friends of the Urbana Regional Library. Whether you have a special interest in a particular aspect of the Urbana Regional Library, or simply want to get together with a friendly, motivated group of advocates, stop by a meeting on the 1st Tuesday of each month from 6:30 – 7:45 to learn more! We look forward to seeing you!
Have you Thought about becoming a Friend?
Click the following link to open the Friends of the Urbana Regional Library brochure. Fill out the membership application and send it in; we welcome you!