Erin Dingle Branch Administrator
Or contact the Friends of Thurmont Regional Library via email: FotTRL@yahoo.com
The Friends is a group of individuals that have come together for the betterment of the Thurmont Regional Library. Collectively, the group supports library programs that otherwise simply would not happen.
Through monthly meetings, efforts are coordinated with the library staff to ensure our resources are put to the best possible use.
Tax dollars are not used for the “bells and whistles” often associated with public libraries. Private contributions and fundraising, managed by the Friends, enable our library to offer a higher quality of programs and services than would be otherwise possible.
Friends of the Thurmont Regional Library is a volunteer organization committed to promoting, preserving, and strengthening the Thurmont Regional Library.
Top Reasons to Join the Friends of the Thurmont Regional Library:
Your support is vital to the success of this wonderful community resource. Here are the top reasons to join the Friends of the Thurmont Regional Library:
- Meet other library and book lovers like you.
- Volunteer at events such as the Annual Book Sale and Spring Plant Exchange.
- Support children’s programming.
- Underwrite special literary and educational events.
- Help the library staff with special events.
- Help the library buy more books and materials.
- Provide seasonal decorations.
- Respond quickly to special needs of the library and its community.
- Enjoy the great feeling you’ll get from helping the Thurmont Regional Library.
Exciting Times Ahead
Northern Frederick County has enjoyed high-quality library service for many years, and the Thurmont Regional Library adds an extensive new level of service to the community. Through the Thurmont Regional Library, the entire Northern region benefits form public meeting rooms, private study rooms, an expanded reference department, access to the Thurmont Center for Regional and Agricultural History, the wealth of print and audio-visual materials, expanded hours, and a convenient drive-through window. Whether you have a special interest in a particular aspect of the Thurmont Regional Library, or simply want to get together with friendly, motivated library advocates, stop by a meeting to learn more!