Opened in August 2008, the Thurmont Regional Library provides 25,000 square feet of space for books, DVDs, CDs, computers, meeting rooms, a drive-through window, and more. Its unique 40 foot tall entrance tower is in the style of the nearby historic Catoctin Furnace, while the covered deck welcomes visitors to read, relax, eat, and socialize. The library serves as a community gathering space with a variety of program opportunities for people of all ages.
- Programs for kids, teens, and adults.
- The Thurmont Center for Agricultural History
- Drive-up window for easy returns or pickup of hold materials.
- Children’s Department - A bright, comfortable area featuring computers with child oriented software and games and plenty of space for reading or playing.
- Imagination Zone, the Children’s Storytime room, includes a built-in puppet stage and windows looking out into the forest.
- Teen Zone – A space just for teens that offers lots of Manga, new fiction, computers and more.
- Adult department - Enjoy choosing from a wide variety of reading, viewing and listening materials.
- Public computers - In addition to public computers in the adult, children's and teen areas, there is a special ADA compliant computer workstation courtesy of the Thurmont Lion's Club, featuring speech recognition software and other user-friendly features.
- Outdoor deck - Bring your lunch and enjoy overlooking the woods.
- Two meeting rooms
- Two small quiet-study rooms for private tutoring or just for complete silence when studying.
- Plenty of free parking with easy access off Moser Road.
Stop by the library today and meet our friendly staff ready to help with your research questions, choice of reading materials and much more!