FCPL Social Media Commenting Policy
Frederick County Public Libraries uses interactive online social media to share information, gather feedback, and create a dialog with our community. We welcome your input and thoughts, but will remove comments or content that include:
- Obscene or racist content
- Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language
- Potentially libelous statements
- Plagiarized material
- Private, personal information published without consent
- Information or links unrelated to the content of the forum
- Commercial promotions or spam
FCPL is not responsible for content posted by any subscriber in any forum; opinions expressed in comments on FCPL social media forums do not necessarily represent those of the library. FCPL reserves the right to republish public comments posted to on our social media accounts on the library website, newsletter, or other materials, with identifying information removed if permission to include it has not been granted.
Approved by the Frederick County Public Libraries Board of Trustees January 5, 2011.