- Go to our online catalog
- On the dark blue bar click on the button named "My Account"
- Click on "Renew my Materials"
- Enter your library card number (printed below the barcode) and PIN.
- Click on "List Charged Items". You will see what you have checked out and when each item is due.
- You then have a choice:
- renew selected
|All materials||$0.25 / day|
|Items with a replacement cost under $8.00||$4.00|
|Items with a replacement cost over $8.00||$10.00|
Frederick County Public Libraries books may be returned to any branch and the Bookmobile.
|Most books, CDs and audiobooks||21 days|
|McNaughton books (green band on lower back cover)||21 days|
|Express Books (red sticker on spine and back)||7 days – no renewals|
|Vacation loan||42 days – no renewals (see Vacation Loan Policy)|
|Videos / DVDs / Playaway Views / Magazines||7 days|
|Video vacation loan||14-day days (see Vacation Loan Policy)|
|Overdrive ebooks and audiobooks||Up to 21 days|
- In our catalog, search for the material you want to reserve.
- When you find the item you want, click on the "Details" next to it.
- Click on the "Place Hold" button on the left hand side of the screen.
- Enter the full fourteen digits of your barcode from your library card and your PIN in the appropriate boxes.
- Make sure that the little drop down menu shows the branch where you want to pick up the material. The default is set to C. Burr Artz.
- Click on "Place Hold".
When the material is available for pickup, you'll receive a notice.
Patrons can check out up to 75 items at a time, including DVDs, per card.